KIDS’ ART FAIR 2015
You could be an Art Fair Artist too!
The Ann Arbor Street Art Fair, the Original will be accepting applications from young artists in grades 3-8 for the 2015 Kids’ Art
Fair held during the Townie Street Party, July 13th, 5:00-9:00pm. The Kids’ Art Fair encourages young artists to create
and teaches them the valuable lessons in becoming art entrepreneurs.
How To Apply:
- CREATE ART!
- Attend ONE of the Drop-in Jury Sessions.
- Download Application Form, fill it out and bring it to one of the Drop-in Jury Sessions.
Jury Sessions are held at the the Pittsfield Branch of the Ann Arbor District Library, 2359 Oak Valley Dr. Please arrive at least a half hour before the session closes.
Saturday, April 25, 2:00-4:00 pm
Wednesday, April 29, 5:00-7:00 pm
& Sunday, May 3, 1:00-3:00 pm
What You Need To Know For Jury:
- Artists must currently be in grades 3 - 8.
- Artists should bring 4 to 8 samples of work to ONE of the Jury sessions.
- Artists will meet one-on-one with a pair of jurors for a brief time.
- Artists should be able to talk about their work, their art interests and how they plan to make enough art to sell at the Fair.
- Artists will be notified within two weeks if they are selected or waitlisted. Participation is based on space available.
Kid’s Art Fair Requirements:
- An additional Parent/Child meeting will be mandatory once child is juried into Kids’ Art Fair.
- Artists must design and make all work. Work made from kits is not permitted.
- Artists must personally attend their booths and must be present during the entire evening. Representatives, including family members, may not attend in place of the artist.
- Only items described in the registration application and approved in the judging may be for sale.
- Artists may not use their booths to display samples of items to be delivered later.
- Sales should be on a “cash and carry” basis.
- Participating Kids’ Art Fair Artists pay a $10 fee.
- The following are absolutely prohibited:
- Services such as face painting, hair braiding or nail painting.
- The sale of food.
- Use of licensed, trademarked, or copyrighted characters or names.
- Raffles or games involving prize-winning.
- Activities that require the purchaser to assemble the product or work made from kits.
- Additions to applications after submission.
- Commercial banners hanging in artists’ booths.
Kids’ Art Fair Juror Bio Information - 2014: This year’s jurors to be added shortly.
Kathy Baker - Graphic designer, fine artist, and retired professor from U of M College of Art and Design and the College for Creative Studies. Currently she runs an after school children’s art enrichment program in the Southeast Michigan area, "The Power of Drawing!"
Christine Bruxvoort - Board Presidentof FLY Art Center, teacher of art from Pre-k to college level. Recently received MFA from EMU.
Marsha Chamberlin - Retired President of The Ann Arbor Art Center & serves on the Public Art Commission and the Downtown Citizens Advisory Committee.
Tracy Gallup - Artist/illustrator of seven pictures books including Stone Crazy and A Roomful of Questions, doll maker, painter, art teacher in lower school at Summers-Knoll in Ann Arbor.
Carey Jernigan - Vice President at re:group & AASAF Board Member.
Louise Lutton - Retired art educator & AASAF Board Member.
Marlena Marenka - Retired K-12 art teacher and District Art Coordinator for Art in Ann Arbor Public Schools.
Deanne Neiburger - Artist, creator, and businesswoman.
Jim Schultz - Retired art educator & AASAF Board Member.
Nicholas Stanko - Haslett High School (Lansing, MI) Art Teacher, Runner and Dad
Stephanie Stein - Milan High School Art teacher, metal artist, art fair artists & Milan Middle School volleyball coach.
Jennifer Sullivan - Elementary Art teacher for Birmingham Public Schools and local artist.
Lisa Wigal - Program Manager for Rec&Ed, has implemented enrichment activities in the arts in over twenty Ann Arbor schools & has developed an extensive summer camp program, and previously taught reading in middle school.
Susan Wright - An authentic "townie", professional artist & teacher of youth summer cultural art camps and adult art enrichment classes.